Monday, November 22, 2010

Stay Frosty

Last night, amidst a relaxing night of nothing, a crime wave was brewing on the North side of town.  As we sat in our quaint house we were startled by a loud thump on our porch window at approximately 20:30.  Simultaneously, I was in the middle of an HBO mini-series about the Iraqi war that I received via Netflix. 

The episode I was watching was aptly called "Stay Frosty", which in military terms means to "be on your toes", except with a high powered assault rifle.

Back to the thump.

As I peered out the window I saw a slimy membrane sliding down the window.  Also, half a farm fresh egg shell (size large) was on the sill.  I quickly ran to the garage and grabbed Jack's small, yet very real, aluminum bat.

I walked around the house ready for whatever danger might befall me.

Oddly there was nothing.  Silence.  A few minutes later a random car went by.  I promptly alerted the police which I'm sure helped their evening to go a little faster.

More than likely, it was just a rascally teenager looking for an adrenaline rush.  We've all been there at some point during our high school years.  But I was sort of hoping for a little more action.

Oh well ... maybe next time.  I'll be "staying frosty" for the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish so much that I could take responsibility for your egging. Perhaps next time.

-Dr. Kenneth Noisewater